CYC to host hands-on Safety at Sea Seminar
CHICAGO YACHT CLUB IS HOLDING A SAFETY AT SEA SEMINAR!
April 1-2, 2017
- Ever wonder what you would do if someone fell overboard from your boat?
- Do you have a plan to deal with heavy weather if you can’t reach a safe harbor?
- Interested in selecting the right emergency communications equipment or storm sails, but you’re not sure what to buy?
If so, a US Sailing Certified Safety at Sea (SAS) Seminar is what you need.
Chicago Mackinac Saftey Regulations strongly recommends that at least 30% of you crew have a valid SaS certification.
- Moderated and taught by experienced, lifelong sailors who include some of the top names in sailing and safety.
- Designed for sailors of all types and levels — cruisers and racers, novices and experts.
- Appropriate for a wide range of boats — small, big, monohulls, multihulls (and powerboats, too) — that are sailed anywhere — near shore and offshore.
- Curriculum is certified by US Sailing, with special attention to conditions and challenges of the Chicago sailing area with special focus on the CYC Race to Mackinac.
- More than 1,000 sailors attend safety seminars around North America every year and many bring their families and crews.
- The certifications are good for five years.
There are two options for the seminar (One day or Two day).
- One Day: In classroom lecture, seminar, and discussions
- Two Day: Includes the first in class day, as well as highly interactive demonstrations, performing physical drills and hands-on exercises in a pool. Must bring sailing gear and PFD as you will get wet.
(Once you follow the link, scroll down until you see 2017 Safety at Sea Seminar, there are other registrations on the page.)