~SIGN UP TO BE ON THE WAIT LIST BY REGISTERING WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD~
Do you and your crew know what to do if one of you fell overboard? Are you fully prepared to deal with heavy weather? Is your emergency equipment up to date and do you have everything you need?
Participating in the US Sailing Certified Safety at Sea (SAS) Course will answer these questions and more, preparing you and your crew for safe boating this summer. Remember, the Chicago-Mackinac Safety Requirements strongly recommend that at least 30% of your crew have a valid SAS certification.
The SAS Course is:
- Moderated and taught by experienced, lifelong sailors who include some of the top names in sailing and safety
- Designed for sailors of all types and levels - cruisers and racers, novices and experts
- Appropriate for a wide range of boats - small, big, monohulls, multihulls and powerboats
- Applicable to near-shore and offshore conditions
The curriculum is certified by US Sailing, with special attention to the conditions and challenges of the Chicago sailing area, and with special focus on the CYC Race to Mackinac.
More than 1,000 sailors attend SAS courses around North America every year, and many bring their families and crews. The certification is valid for five years.
Please join us for the One-day course, which is in-classroom lecture and discussions (8 hours). We still have plenty of space for this one-day course.
- Two-day course: Unfortunately, Day Two is sold out for the CYC course. Please reference https://www.ussailing.org/education/safety-at-sea/ for excellent opportunities this Spring. Day two is a full day of interactive demonstrations, including performing physical drills and hands-on exercises in a pool.
REGISTER HERE for the One-day course.